City Leaders Academy
Developing Columbus’ Leaders of Tomorrow
Are you interested in helping lead Columbus into the future? Join us for City Leaders Academy! During this nine-month program, you’ll learn about the inner workings of the City of Columbus, increase your citizenship skills and receive mentoring from City and community leaders. You’ll improve your public speaking, facilitation, teamwork, community awareness and leadership skills, preparing you to become a leader in your community!
Mr. Antonio Combs, Jr., Program Director
Class of 2023
Applications are available starting April 1, 2022, and are due by Sept. 30, 2022.
All applications should include:
- A completed application
- A letter from a teacher or administrator, or a community leader
- Two written essays
- Interviews with the program coordinator(s)
- Must be a City of Columbus resident
- NEW! Must be entering grades 6-9 grade in Fall 2022 and maintain a 2.80 GPA
- NEW! Must serve as a peer mentor to the incoming class upon graduation
- One child per household is eligible each year
Participation is key to a successful experience! Orientation and Fall Break and Spring Break boot camp sessions are mandatory, and you cannot miss more than two school year meet-ups. Check your calendar before applying!
- Sept. 30, 2022: Applications due
- Oct. 14, 2022: Selected participants notified
- Oct. 22, 2022: Orientation (parent and student)*
- October-May: School year meet up every third Saturday (in person or virtual)
- Nov. 21-22, 2022: Fall Break Program*
- April 13-14, 2023: Spring Break Program*
- May 20, 2023: Graduation