$17/hr starting rate
Monitors the swimming pool in order to direct water safety and prevent accidents, teaches swimming lessons and maintains pool and pool deck.
Check out our open positions or call 614-645-6122 for more information.
Lifeguard Training and Employment
Anyone 15 and older with swimming ability to complete the American Red Cross Lifeguard class pre-test. The required Red Cross Lifeguard pre-test consists of:
- 300 yards continuous swimming, freestyle and/or breaststroke.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- Timed 10lb. brick retrieval in 8—10 feet of water (<100 seconds)
Lifeguard classes are scheduled for 2022!
- May 16-20, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- May 23-27, Monday through Friday, 4 p.m.-9 p.m.
- May 31-June 3, Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- June 6-10, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and 2 p.m.-8 p.m.
- June 13-17, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
To sign-up, come pre-test at the Columbus Aquatics Center, Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., and Saturday, May 7, or May 14, between 1-5 p.m. Also, individuals can show up on Monday morning at 11 a.m. to pre-test at the beginning of ANY course offering.
All classes are contingent upon the number of candidates. We can have a class of at least four people, but if not enough people are ready for training one week, then we will hold over those candidates to begin the following week.
For more information, call 614-645-6122 or email email@example.com