Columbus Aquatics Center
2023 Class Sessions
Classes: Jan. 9–March 11
Registration: Jan. 3 at 12:30 p.m.
Classes: March 14–May 20
Registration: March 14 at 12:30 p.m.
Classes: Sept. 11–Oct. 28
Registration: Sept. 5 at 12:30 p.m.
Classes: Nov. 6–Dec. 16
Registration: Oct. 31 at 12:30 p.m.
|Adults (18–49 years)|
|Youth (17 years)|
|Seniors (50+ years)|
Sunday – Closed
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 12–3 p.m.
Wednesday – 12–3 p.m.
Thursday – 12–3 p.m.
Friday – 12–3 p.m. and 7–9 p.m.
Saturday – 2–5 p.m.
- Only available in September–May.
- Holidays, special events, staffing needs or mechanical issues may impact the schedule.
- The center will have a capacity limit.
- Leisure Card is required for everyone 6 years or older.
- Anyone 12 years or under requires attendance by an adult.
- Advanced registration is encouraged, but NOT required.
Rules and Regulations
- Patrons are welcome to use equipment, including aqua bikes, during open swim, as long as safety is observed. Aquatics staff reserve the right to determine use of equipment is potentially unsafe
- Proper swimwear is required; items should be polyester or nylon (no cotton) and include an inner liner.
- Adult supervision is required for children 12 years and under.
- Children 8 years and younger require a registered adult to be within arms’ reach in and out of the water. Please help supervise small children around the pool.
- All bags and coolers are subject to search at entry; refusal will result in denial of admission.
- Children not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper (not available at the pool).
- Coast Guard Approved lifejackets or puddle jumpers are encouraged for non-swimmers; ask staff if you need to borrow one.
- Smoking (vaping included), alcohol, drugs and all weapons including CCW are strictly prohibited.
Columbus Recreation and Parks Department offers affordable swimming lessons taught by American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors. All classes are 40 minutes, with the exception of Infant Toddler Lessons which are 30 minutes.
Class Fees: $40 for residents and $50 for non-residents.
Scholarships: PLAY Scholarships are available to help cover $20 in fees. Explore requirements.
Parent and Infant
Age: 6 mo. to 3 years
Age: 6-14 years
The water offers a unique workout environment that is low impact but also high resistance making it an excellent option for a variety of fitness needs including therapeutic, strength and flexibility.
A variety of classes are offered throughout the week including evenings and weekends.Explore
Sessions are for adults and are available in the mornings and evenings.Explore
Our youth stroke clinic focuses on improving swimming techniques beyond lessons.Explore
Our youth dive clinic focuses on improving dive techniques.Explore