Sign Up Now!
Lifeguard Interest Form
If you are interested in becoming a lifeguard, submit an interest form. Someone from the aquatics team will contact you to set up a pre-course swimming skills test.
Employment is based on the successful completion of the Red Cross Lifeguard Training course. Completing the course does not guarantee employment. Anyone who is unable to pass the Lifeguard Course can apply for a position as a Rec Aide.
Anyone 15 and older with swimming ability to complete an American Red Cross Lifeguard Class pre-course swimming skills test.
Pre-course Swimming Skills Test
- 300-yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke
- 2-minute tread using legs only
- Ability to retrieve a 10-lb dive weight from 7 ft deep, surface and swim 20 yds with the weight, using legs only and exit the pool without using a ladder within 100 seconds.
Pre-course Test Offerings
- $150 for those that will take their certification to work outside of the City of Columbus.
- The course fee is waived for those who will be hired by the City of Columbus. Check out the employment information below. If employment with the City is not finalized, the certification will be held until payment of $150 is received for the training.
- All classes are contingent upon the number of candidates and must have a class of at least three people.
- For more information, email email@example.com.
Upcoming Class Sessions
May 28-June 1
March 24-April 28
Full Class Times
All Days: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Express/Weekend Class Times
Fridays: 4-9 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.