Schiller Park Weddings Rental Rules
Permit Holder and guests are subject to the rules and regulations set forth in Chapter 919 of the Columbus City Codes. Permit holder and guests are also subject to Recreation and Parks Rules and regulations, in addition to the following conditions:
- This permit is for the non-exclusive use of the above stated park/location for the purpose stated within this permit and only for the date & time listed on this permit.
- Only the area around the Schiller Statue, the northeast corner of the park, or the area around the Umbrella Girl Statue may be used throughout the year. The stage may only be used Jan-March & Nov-Dec.
- Please be advised that the park is open to the public. All areas and park amenities are first come first serve and are not guaranteed with this permit.
- The park is rented in (as-is) condition. Due to the open nature of the park and unrestricted access, it is understood that the parks condition will vary from day to day. Columbus Recreation and Parks will make a concerted effort to ensure the park is cleaned and trash is removed on the day of your rental, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Please bring this permit with you to your event. If any issues arise, please call our “Emergency Pager” at 614-631-4562 and leave a voicemail with your return phone number. Our Emergency Pager System does not include caller ID. All staff on duty will receive your message and return your call. If a situation escalates, do not hesitate to call Columbus Police at 614-645-4545.
- Absolutely NO ALCOHOL is permitted in the park.
- No vehicles may be driven or parked on the grass. All vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas.
- No alterations may be made to any park amenity nor shall any item be moved or removed. This includes flower beds, fountains, trash receptacles, and picnic tables. No confetti, glitter, or similar materials may be used for decorations or thrown in or around the rental site.
- No fireworks, sparklers, Japanese floating lanterns, or similar items are permitted to be used in the park.
- Permit holder is responsible for removal and proper disposal of all decorations, supplies, and event generated waste by the time the permit expires. All trash must be placed in designated trash receptacles. No trash may be left in the park. The park must be returned to pre-event conditions.
- No utilities are provided.
- Music must be kept at a reasonable volume level at all times. City Code states that music should not disturb other guests in the park, or adjacent areas.
- If a tent is desired, you may utilize a tent, provided it is no larger than 10’x10′. The tent must be properly weighted with sandbags or similar devices. The tent must be set up and removed within your rental time.
- No admission, sales, or other money may be collected or charged.
- Permit holder may not sublet the facility for any reason.
- The Permit Holder is responsible for group’s conduct and respect for the facility. All groups must abide by all Recreation and Parks rules and regulations and Sections 919.01 through 919.99 of the Columbus City Codes. It is the permit holder’s responsibility to supervise all guests, including children/minors. Any violation of park rules and regulations is grounds for permit forfeiture. Any groups who abuse park property will be asked to leave and charges for damages will be assessed. Any abuse of Recreation and Parks staff is also grounds for permit forfeiture. If any group or individual is asked to leave the premises, they must do so promptly and forgo any refund.
- Permit is granted on condition that if the facility is needed for Recreation and Parks Department emergency usage, Grantee agrees to forego use of facility with a full refund.
- The Permit Holder agrees that they will not discriminate against any participants because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, handicap, or veteran status.
- Department representatives and/or local law enforcement have the right to enter the premises at any time.
- The Permit Holder hereby agrees that the use of such Recreation and Parks Department facilities and equipment shall be upon conditions listed above and at the exclusive risk of Permit Holder, his/her guests, agents, and employees of the Permit Holder. The Permit Holder further agrees to indemnify and save harmless the City of Columbus from any and all claims, suits, loss, damage, or injury to persons or property of any kind or nature whatsoever occurring to the Permit Holder, his/her guests, agents, and employees as a result of the use of, or activities engaged in the park. Permit Holder hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Columbus if they violate the law.
If you have any questions and/or concerns regarding any rule, regulation, and/or policy, you should contact the Rental Services Section (614-645-3337) prior to your scheduled event. The Rental Services Section is open from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, and is located at 1111 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43205.
**These Rental Rules and Policies are Subject to Change Without Notice**