Park Rentals, Permits and Vendors

These are your parks

Columbus’ 400+ parks are a great place for residents to connect with each other, enjoy nature and stay active. These are your parks, and it takes all of us to ensure they are safe and enjoyable for everyone.

Here are some ways you can help ensure our parks are safe and enjoyable for all:

  • Clean up after yourself. Don’t litter, and dispose of your trash in receptacles. More people are visiting our parks, which leads to more trash. When possible, take your trash with you.
  • Protect your parks. Take care to prevent damage to park amenities including playgrounds, benches, shelterhouses and fields.
  • Keep to the pavement. Drive and park all vehicles on paved areas only.
  • Be courteous of your fellow park visitors. Share park space and park amenities, and practice respectful behavior.
  • Observe all posted park rules, including park hours. Most parks are open 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
  • Report safety concerns to Columbus Division of Police. Call 614-645-4545 for non-emergency situations, or 911 for emergencies.

Park Permits and Rentals

Some larger gatherings require permits to ensure the safety of residents and that necessary amenities and supports are available. Every situation is different, but here are some things that may indicate you need a permit:

  • Using amplified sound
  • Serving concessions and/or alcohol
  • Charging admission
  • Erecting structures, including tents and bounce houses
  • Securing permits from other City departments
Special Event Permit

A Special Event Permit is issued for an event utilizing parks, streets and waterways in the City of Columbus where planned activities go beyond normal use. Special Events include festivals, street fairs, concerts, races, regattas, etc.

Learn more about Special Event Permits

Block Party Permit

A Block Party Permit is issued for the closure of a block and/or street for residents of the block and their families. There is no marketing and/or community advertising for the block party and the block party is not open to the public.

Learn more about Block Party Permits

Filming Permit

A Film Permit is issued for any commercial purpose filming and/or photoshoots within the City of Columbus parks or streets. Non-commercial, still and/or personal photographers may require a permit.

Learn more about Filming Permits

Event Permit Calendar

The Office of Special Events maintains a calendar for events requiring a permit. Calendar postings are made as soon a permit is issued.

Explore the Event Permit Calendar

Authorized Vendors

Watercraft Concession Vendors

Columbus Recreation and Parks works with a variety of authorized vendors to offer instruction or rental of non-motorized watercraft, including canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and other similar and approved vessels, as well as, powercraft concession services including fishing charters, skiing lessons, site seeing tours, dinner cruises, and more within City of Columbus waterways.

Find a vendor or become an authorized vendor

Health and Wellness Service Providers

Columbus Recreation and Parks is now authorizing Health and Wellness Service Providers, including fitness trainers, yoga instructors, personal trainers, boot camps, marathon trainers and others, the opportunity to conduct operations within City of Columbus parks.

Become a Health and Wellness Service Provider