Griggs Park is a 164.298-acre reservoir in the West Scioto, Hayden Run and Northwest communities.
Rules and Regulations
- Maximum Length: 22 feet for all vessels
- Maximum Horsepower: Unlimited horsepower
- Maximum Speed: 40 mph
- Water Sports: Skiing and wakeboarding permitted.
- Prohibited: Jet skis, tubing and swimming are not permitted in any City of Columbus reservoir.
- Watercraft: Don’t have a craft of your own? Check out our rental vendors!
The dam creates a long narrow lake that runs north to south for approximately six miles, creating 387 surface acres of fishing water. The lake is generally clear, but is influenced heavily by rain events and can become very turbid. Depths can exceed 20 feet near the dam, but most of the reservoir is between 10 and 15 feet deep.
Griggs Dam was constructed on the Scioto River in 1904 and was dedicated in 1905. It was named in honor of Julian Griggs who was chief engineer for the City of Columbus for many years.