Youth (ages 8-18) – Free*
Adults – $15 per session*
Passbook – $65 per year**
*There may be additional costs for classes or equipment (mouthpieces, wraps, etc.).
**Anyone (regardless of age) must have a passbook to compete. usaboxing.org.
Classes and Events
Our boxing classes, for youth ages 8+ and adults, teach everything from the fundamentals to advanced skills. Our program is designed to make you a successful boxer at any level.
Each year, Columbus Recreation and Parks hosts boxing events to highlight the boxers in our programs and allow them to compete against other athletes.
Over the years, our programs have produced champions in multiple weight classes. Look below to see who has stepped through the halls of Columbus Recreation and Parks Department boxing.
- GiGi Jackson – Women’s National Champion 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001.
- Tiffany Logan – US Women’s Heavyweight Champion 1997.
- Vonzell Johnson – 1974 National Golden Gloves Champ, AAU Golden Gloves Champ 1969-1974
- Hilmer Kenty – 2 time AAU Champ 1974-75, WBA lightweight Champ in 1981
- Jerry Page – Olympic Gold Medal winner 1984
- Michael Clark – Golden Glove Champ 1992, Olympic trials semi-finalist 1992, Boxing show “Contender” participant
- James “Buster” Douglas – 1990 Heavyweight Champion of the World. (Defeated Mike Tyson)