We manage 118 pickleball courts at 35 locations. With 60 indoor courts and 58 outdoor courts including our three dedicated pickleball courts at Marion Franklin Park, there’s sure to be one in your community!
Where to Play
- Indoor pickleball courts are striped on existing basketball courts. Nets are available at the center.
- Outdoor courts at Marion Franklin Park have dedicated pickleball courts.
- The outdoor court at Lazelle Woods is striped on a roller hockey rink.
- All other outdoor courts are striped on existing tennis courts.
- Players may bring portable nets and equipment to play at any outdoor location that is not dedicated.
How to Play
Players have three ways to enjoy the game:
- Unstructured pick-up play on any outdoor court.
- Instructional or open programming at our community centers.
- Reserving an indoor or outdoor court(s) for individual or group play.
UNSTRUCTURED PICK-UP PLAY
City of Columbus parks are open to all, during park hours. Bring your equipment and enjoy a game on any open outdoor court. Courts are available for rentals, but each park maintains at least one open court for non-reserved use by the public, at all times.
Check out the map above for our outdoor pickleball courts.
INSTRUCTIONAL OR OPEN PROGRAMMING
Columbus Recreation and Parks offers instructional and drop-in court time for a range of ages and skill levels at our Community Centers.
- Leisure Cards are required for classes and drop-in sports.
- Leisure Cards and Drop-In Sports Passes can be purchased at any center.
- Drop-In Sports Passes give players access to ALL drop-in sports at ANY center for only $10 per session.
RESERVING COURT TIME AT ANY INDOOR OR OUTDOOR COURT
$10 / hour
Outdoor courts at any park can be reserved by filling out a permit request through our Sports Office. One tennis court reservation affords play on two pickleball striped courts. Single courts that are not permitted are available for recreational use to the public without a permit on a first-come, first-served basis.
Indoor Courts – Community Centers
$50 / hour
Courts at community centers can be reserved by calling the individual community center. Courts can be reserved for single or multiple instances. Space affords play on two pickleball striped courts.
Indoor Courts – Athletic Complexes
$100 / 2-hour time block
Indoor courts at the Bill McDonald Athletic Complex can be reserved by filling out a permit request through our Sports Office. Must reserve two basketball courts. One basketball court provides play on two pickleball striped courts.